Saturday, August 1, 2015

Life's Like That (Funny Anecdotes)

Okay, so we have all had our "mam/sir" experiences in Jollibee, I have also had my share of inefficient service, but these are not what I am talking about here.  Most companies have trainings for their new staff. But sometimes, perhaps when they were preparing for work, and afraid of being late, they leave common sense behind :) Note that there are indeed times you find these instances funny.

Experience #1: SM Department Store. I was walking in the make up section, when I got approached by a saleslady offering a straightening iron tool. I was in a hurry and not in the mood, when I said "no thanks, offering an explanation "maikli pa buhok ko eh". So imagine my disdain with her answer, "yun na nga po ma'am eh, maikli pa lang puro tikwas na." Err...where's your manager?

Experience #2: Flea Market/Tiangge. I was looking at a blouse, I wasn't sure if it fit me but I was inspecting it carefully. It was a buttondown blouse. The saleslady looked at me and said, "ma'am hindi po kasya sa inyo." I was still in a good mood so I said, "malay mo hindi para sa kin to, or magdadiet na lang ako" To which she said, "ma'am ayoko lang po kasi masira yung damit"...Me: mentally slaps her.

Experience #3: I have written about this in FB. The guards in our subdivision normally ask for another ID when we enter. But more than that, they ask rudely and in a feeling close way "Ano ang gagawin niyo dun" So one time, in several of the gates, as I was delivering gifts and doing errands, I decided to tell the whole truth. "Ah, susunduin ko po kasi ang anak ko, kasi kaibigan niya yung taga dyan, alam mo naman, mahirap panahon ngayon, kaya hatid sundo tsaka buti na yung nakakadalaw siya kesa maglakwatsa kung saan saan. Isang anak ko lang kasi yan...bla bla. Guard lets me in

Experience #4:Guard asks again what I'm going to do in a house, and this time, I was with my sister, so naturally we had to tell the whole truth "Ah kasi magkaklase kami ng college, eh inaanak ko ang mga anak niya eh nung nakaraang pasko hindi kami nagkita kita kaya eto ngayon, hinahatid ko kasi alam mo naman dapat talga magbigay sa mga inaanak. Dati kasi hindi ako nakapagbigay tapos...." Guard lets us in.

Experience #5:Happened to my brother: He got apprehended for a minor traffic violation. Because he was in a hurry, he offered to pay the officer a bit of money, around P50. To which the officer replied, "Sir, di pa ho kasya yan sa value meal, paddagdag po ng P9"

Experience #6: Our helper wrote us a letter before she left. My mom was a bank officer. But we wondered why she kept on addressing her as "Atty". Nevertheless, my mom concluded it was from her corporate attire and professional demeanor probably. Until at the end of the letter, our helper said"Atty, pasensha na po ah, at talgang nagpatulong kasi ang "atty" ko sa probinsya, ako na lang kasi pagasa namin magkakapatid kaya pati is kong "atty" uuwi.  So it is a family of lawyers!

My son sometimes denies he ate bubble gum...
More to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment