Thursday, May 5, 2011

Everyday Runway Models

Let's face it, not all of us can become runway models. With the stringent weight and height requirements, its refreshing to note that there are boutiques with fresh, new items that offer you options apart from the run of the mill boutiques you see in tiangges and bazaars all over.

Owned by my batchmate and friend Cecile Velasco, one of Runway's boutiques is located in Pergola mall near the ice cream place we frequent.  It was my mom who discovered the place while going around the mall when the rest of my nieces and son were eating ice cream in our favorite place.  She got one of the blouses, afterwhich she asked me to come back for the 2nd one since she really liked the first blouse she got.  She was quite happy with her floral blouses because number 1, they fit her well, which was a good sign, and second, they were fashionable, and for my fashion conscious but (a bit on the plus sized) mom, this was great.  Of course, I went for the bag which was on sale.  A pale pink one which seemed to be able to fit all my everyday baggage.  I particularly liked the round designs that hung on the side as part of the charm bracelet.  When I came back, I got 2 more dresses after my mom got her 2nd blouse.  All in all, they were great finds.  After all, my shopping trips to ruins usually consists of just DVDs or eating and drinking in the food stall (of course when I'm with Bobby).  Ruins is the place to be when greenhills or divi is too far. = )

Upon first entering Runway, I was really impressed with the nice interiors which were black and white.  My old nail place used to be there and although it will be missed, Runway seems to be a great replacement.  I know I will definitely come back and have other great Runway model finds.  After all, James the shop attendant has me on his preferred guest list.

Happy modelling! = )

No comments:

Post a Comment