Thursday, July 1, 2010

Homemade Scrapbook

I started scrapbooking in the 80's long before it was the craze.  Now,  I realized how expensive the materials are.  Digital scrapbooks are in, but I guess the practical person in me just used recycled, homemade materials. = )
For my first page, i used construction paper, potpourri and leaves which were just leftovers from other projects.  The picture was with my then 8 month old boy.  I also used craft scissors for the sides of the paper, perfect for someone who can't cut straight to save her life.









Sweet Halloween
 The other page, i used felt paper. I cut it into a lion shape, to commemorate TJ's first award as having the  "cutest costume" and being the youngest participant.  He was wearing a lion head gear and bib, with plain white pajamas.  And some mistaked him for a girl, or a wilted sunflower haha! I also included  a small flyer design which I did in Paint.  Yes! Some people are quite good in Paint application hehe.  The other pic was of him as Batman.  Such a cutie.


Birthday Galore
These 2 pages were made from actual birthday wrappers from TJ's birthday.   I also used old ribbons.  If you're familiar with the home TV shopping product that allows you to make anything out of curly ribbons, well I used it here.  So I guess one of my mom's purchases proved useful, although it wasn't a curly something.  It will serve as keepsake right?


Christmas Extravaganza
  This is one of my favorite pages.  I used an old Christmas card, ribbons (again from the curly TV shopping product), glitter glue, felt paper, old wrappers.  I also cut a portion of an old felt Santa hat to make the small Santa hat.  I also was crazy about the small craft cutters that i used to cut gold star stickers.



I know scrapbook fanatics might say that I didn't use acid free stuff, and this won't live forever. BUT, maybe as long as I make sure it doesn't get wet, and I keep it properly, my son will still see it when he's grown.  And that is what's important.  And my scrapbook is exactly what its name is, it is made from SCRAP =).

No comments:

Post a Comment