Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tools I'm Thankful For

It can be said that each warrior shouldn't go to war without essential tools. So I'm sharing the tools that I've found to be very useful in doing any arts and crafts activity.  This is in no particular order.

1.) Craft Scissors - I think I mentioned this.  It gives your paper different shapes, so it doesn't matter if you can't cut straight = )

2.) Craft Foam - You can buy this with shapes or sheets, and you can just cut it into whatever shapes you like.  Very versatile decorating item, good for fabric or paper.  I've used it in kites, bags, shirts, hats, anything.

3.) Fabric Glue - A heavensent.  Very useful for pasting buttons, beads on fabric. 

4.) Fabric Paint - Again, very useful for making fabric projects very nice.  Kids are able to turn bags and hats into personalized projects

5.) Acrylic Paint  - Just like fabric paint, its very useful for pots, boxes, also for fabric if paints are not available.

6.) Craft Stamp - Great for making shapes of all kinds.  There was a time I bought lots of different craft stamps.

7.) Rubber Stamp - Nice for making adding color and different shapes to your projects.

8.) Ribbons - Ribbons are usually for gifts but they do make projects nicer and with a nice feel to it.

9.) Sequins - Need I say more?  Shiny things that add depth to your project.

10.) Potpourri - They're not just for making sweet smelling projects.  They're inexpensive and makes your projects simply pop!

What about you?  What are your favorite tools?

No comments:

Post a Comment